Friday, August 17, 2007

My favourite fried rice

The golden rule for making fried rice is to use day old rice. This is so the rice is not mushy but instead dry and seperated. Sometimes we'll order Chinese food take out and it comes with 2 take out boxes full of rice. With so much white rice left over, there's only one thing to make!

What I love about fried rice is that you can eat it at any time. You can have it for lunch, dinner, Winter, Summer, pretty much whenever you want. This is another one of my soul foods. Some people have their grilled cheese, I have my fried rice.

Fried rice is as versatile as a sandwich. You can put anything in there and it will go (for the most part). Today's ingredients are my favourites when it comes to fried rice. Here they are:


Ingredients:
1 large bowl of day old white rice
2 tsp. of chicken broth
2 tsp. of soy sauce
1/4 cup of chopped red onions
1/4 cup of chopped green onions
1/4 pound of BBQ pork, chopped
1 egg
pepper to taste, again, I don't like to add salt because the soy sauce takes care of that

Directions:

Scramble an egg, then cook it in a pan under low heat. Use your spatula to cut up the egg into strips (no need to be neat here) directly on the pan.
Add in red onions and half of your green onions to the pan to saute.
Add in BBQ pork.
Add rice. Make sure you seperate the rice with your fingers and do not leave clumps.
Add chicken broth and soy sauce.
Add pepper, and perhaps salt to taste.
Top rice with remaining green onions.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

silencio said...

Yes, I remember the Indian gentlemen and their "deals".
I'm originally from Thunder Bay.
I'll have to try your fried
rice suggestion!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about day old rice. I would love to try your fried rice in person.

Ash.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]epicuriousdiva.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research points that closely 70% of all United States grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable for me to have a web page, which is useful in support of my knowledge. thanks admin
my web site :: healthy diet