Monday, August 20, 2007

A Quiche in 5 Bites

5 Bite Quiche, 2 if you're hungry.

I was invited to go to my friend's house for dinner, so I decided to make something that was people friendly and easy to eat. I was also really tired from buying new furniture and cleaning all day, so it had to be something easy to make.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
12 personal unsweetened pie shells (I get the no name kind)
2 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup of Balderson's strong cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup of Baby Paremesan cheese, grated
6 grape tomatoes cut in half
*1 chunk of proscuitto cut into many more tiny chunks

*I hate measurements.

Directions:
1) In a mixing bowl, crack all 4 eggs and whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Personally, I skip the salt because the proscuitto is very salty.
2) Add basil, proscuitto and both cheeses into the bowl. Whisk, whisk and whisk some more!
*I know most quiche recipes use Swiss cheese, but I'm not a fan, so yeah, cheddar it is.
3) Pre-heat the oven (I use a convection oven) for 10 minutes at 350C.
3) Pour the contents of the bowl into the pie shells. Don't let it get too full because the egg will rise when you bake it.
4) Top each quiche with a grape tomato half.
5) Bake for 25 minutes at 350C.


You know what? The funny thing is that I completely forgot to bring them with me to the dinner. I only realized this as I was pulling up to the house. *sigh*

No comments: