Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where did it go?

Lately, I haven't been much of a chef or an eater. I seem to have lost my desire to enjoy the beauty of food. Life is rather confusing for me right now. I'm at the end of a fork in the road. The destination of either path is unknown. I'm not scared, I'm not angry, I'm just...I'm out of feelings. I'm indifferent. I have no preferences or desires. Hence, my penchant for cooking and great tasting things has disappeared. Fear not my friends, based on past experiences, this should be temporary.

My current diet consists of coffee and Kashi Go Lean cereal, minus the lactose free milk. I've been too preoccupied to even do groceries.

Do you tend to eat more when you're sad or happy? I eat more when I'm at peace with myself. I seldom lose my appetite, even when I'm sick, or I'm grieving over a death, I still eat and with gusto, mind you. Right now, I can't injest anything.

Excuse me while I make a cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie! (this is Sarai again!). I hope things become clear for you soon! Never fear, things always have a way of working themselves out! Thinking about you! :)

silencio said...

Hope your skies clear up! What am I gonna do without more epicurious recipes...your fried rice idea worked out well for me (minus the meat, as I'm veg).