Thursday, July 19, 2007

Motto: Experiencing life one meal at a time.

Hello out there to my fellow gastronomically- inclined bloggers!
I am no stranger to blogging nor am I a stranger to cooking and enjoying good food. However, this will be the first time using a blog purely for the sake of food. I've been following food blogs for years and it just dawned on me today that I should have one too.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. First, I will explain my name. The word "epicurious" is a play on words (epicurean + curious) and is derived from the word "epicurean" meaning "having luxurious tastes in eating and drinking." By nature, I am an inquisitive person, to put it nicely, I'm curious (as opposed to nosy). I love to learn and my personal philosophy on teaching (I'm a teacher) is that "a teacher will forever be a student."

The second word, "diva" has been a nickname I've carried around since my high school days. A diva, as you all know is a "distinguished" female singer. I've been singing in choirs and bands since I was a child. I'd like to clarify that I'm no Aretha Franklin or Renee Flemming, but I can carry a tune. Besides my voice, my primary instrument is the piano. I write my own songs and am well versed in the classical, jazz and pop genres. I'm a bonafide concert pianist that has somewhat retired in order to pursue other passions in life such as cooking! I hope you can gather by now that my two passions in life are food and music; what a fine pair they make!

Through this blog, I will post up MY OWN recipes, photos, music suggestions that go well with the food, and personal anecdotes that life shows me. Feel free to leave me a comment! I look forward to gushing about food with fellow foodies.

Ciao!


Enjoy these macaroons from Laduree in Paris.

1 comment:

sports handicapping software said...

excellent Epicurius meaning very interesting Diva never imagine what it really means a thanks for the great day blog