Monday, December 14, 2009
Potato pizza pie
Potato pizza was something introduced to me 3 years ago by a coworker. This is an Italian dish that is equally as good as its tomato sauced counterpart but not as well known. It is easy to make, great for sharing and aesthetically pleasing. I made this twice over the weekend and it was a hit amongst my friends.
pizza dough (I used store bought whole wheat) OR you can buy ready made pies
1/2 a cup of finely chopped onions
1/2 of a potato sliced thinly
salt, pepper to taste
rosemary to taste
sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
sliced gorgonzola cheese
Preheat your oven for 10 minutes at 250 F.
1. Saute potatoes and onions in a skillet with olive oil until lightly browned, add salt and pepper, let it cool
2. On pizza dough, drizzle with olive oil
3. Spread cheeses evenly, or in a pattern on pizza dough
4. Sprinkle rosemary on top
5. Arrange and place potatoes and onions on top.
6. Top with more cheese if desired. Sprinkle on a bit more rosemary.
7. Bake in oven at 350 F for 20 minutes.